Making sure that your children aren't suffering from hearing loss is important. By age 1, you should be able to determine whether or not your baby is experiencing any form of hearing loss. Here are several things to watch out for:
• Doesn't respond to a loud noise nearby
• Doesn't respond to voices or music
• Is not comforted or soothed by soft sounds
• Doesn't wake up when a loud noise occurs
• Doesn't make vowel sounds
In Infants Up To 8 Months Old:
• Doesn't turn their head towards the sounds around them
• Doesn't respond to commands such as "no" or "yes"
• Has yet to begin attempting to make coherent sounds
• Doesn't enjoy playing with sound-making toys such as rattles
• Does not respond to the sound of a familiar voice
• Shows little to no reaction when being spoken to
If you suspect that your child is showing any of the above signs of hearing loss, please give us a call. We will work with you to find a solution. (888) 574-6776.
Please note that not all Sonus Hearing Care Professionals clinics are able to work with children. Please call us to find a clinic that is able to cater to your individual needs.